SmartCare – How to mitigate risk, maximise the workforce and deliver quality care
Are you an in-home care provider who wants to feel confident about the personal care services you offer older people or people with disabilities in their own homes?
As an in-home care provider, you are in the business of assisting people with the tasks of daily living that they cannot do for themselves, such as getting out of bed, having a shower, going to the toilet and getting out and about in the community. The majority of the tasks a support worker assists with involve moving a person or part of their body. Therefore, as an in-home care provider, you are in the business of offering moving and handling services to your clients.
Whilst much of this is necessary, there can be a lot of this moving and handling that is unnecessary. SmartCare offers simple yet powerful insights into how an in-home care provider can identify this unnecessary moving and handling in personal care and support services you offer your clients. Once it is identified, you can put actions in place so the risks in your business are controlled, and you can maximise your workforce and deliver exceptional quality care services with your clients.
In this book you will discover:
- how to plan the streamlined delivery of care services with your clients based on predictability
- how to pre-empt risks your clients and workers are going to be exposed to, allowing both parties to recognise them
- how to make hazard reporting easy and ensure that it benefits the client, the support worker and your organisation
- how to get the most out of occupational therapy assessments for the client, the support worker and your organisation
- how to be smart about the way you train your staff in moving and handling to maximise return on investment
- the untapped opportunities of using a SmartCare passport
- how SmartCare can be a win for all stakeholders – clients, support workers, in-home care providers and the funder of services.
If you think this book is about moving and handling, you have missed the point; it is about sleeping easy, knowing the risks in your business are controlled, having an enthusiastic, motivated workforce who love what they do, and finally, it is about being confident you are delivering exceptional quality care to the person at the centre of care – the client.
“The Manual Handling Revolution: how allied health professionals can achieve creative solutions for people with disabilities and their care givers”
Are you a health professional who wants to feel confident about the manual handling solutions you offer people with disabilities and their caregivers?
The Manual Handling Revolution offers simple yet powerful insights into how we think about manual handling and guides you through a process of changing that thinking to achieve some creative solutions for people with disabilities and their caregivers.
You will discover:
- how to objectively evaluate equipment solutions to find the best option to a problem
- how to get the best out of equipment solutions you already use to eliminate manual handling
- how to achieve a win win outcome for the person with disabilities and their caregivers
- A method for you to feel confident as a professional in the solutions you recommend
- A systematic framework for understanding the manual handling assessment process
If you want to aspire for excellence in manual handling and make a huge impact on the lives of people with disabilities and their caregivers, then this book is for you.