“The Manual Handling Revolution: how allied health professionals can achieve creative solutions for people with disabilities and their care givers”
Are you a health professional who wants to feel confident about the manual handling solutions you offer people with disabilities and their caregivers?
The Manual Handling Revolution offers simple yet powerful insights into how we think about manual handling and guides you through a process of changing that thinking to achieve some creative solutions for people with disabilities and their caregivers.
You will discover:
- how to objectively evaluate equipment solutions to find the best option to a problem
- how to get the best out of equipment solutions you already use to eliminate manual handling
- how to achieve a win win outcome for the person with disabilities and their caregivers
- A method for you to feel confident as a professional in the solutions you recommend
- A systematic framework for understanding the manual handling assessment process
If you want to aspire for excellence in manual handling and make a huge impact on the lives of people with disabilities and their caregivers, then this book is for you.
“Handle with Care: how to avoid injuries, reduce costs and become a provider of choice”
Does your Disability or In-Home Care organisation want to reduce manual handling injuries, increase profit and become a provider of choice for staff and clients?
Handle with care shows care organizations how they can use manual handling to benefit them, their care workers and the people with disabilities including:
- Eliminating unnecessary manual handling and efficiencies
- Creating highly skilled and engaged staff that love what they do
- Select the best equipment and get the most out of it
- Reduce cost of care and achieve more with less staff
- Provide the consumer with a dignified, engaging and efficient service
- 7 principles and case studies